TUHSD Mission Statement
Taft Union High School District’s vision is “Excellence by Design”
Taft Union High School District’s mission is to provide engaging rigorous curriculum with global applications.
The Taft Union High School District has three overarching goals:
- To provide rigorous and relevant instruction that prepares students to be career, college and future ready.
- To assist students and staff in developing personal awareness skills so they may contribute to a positive and collaborative learning/work environment.
- To increase parent and community participation that supports the preparation of students to be career, college and future ready.
The following are the principles that will guide the work of Taft Union High School District:
Continually acquiring new information and modifying existing knowledge and skills
Working collaboratively toward common goals
Operating in a manner that is visible, predictable and understandable
Demonstrating fairness, honesty and consistency
The will to do the right things and to do things right
Shout out to our very own Ilan Katz, who went down to Arcadia on Saturday to represent Taft High against the best competition in the state and around the country. He PR’d in his shot put by 4 feet with a personal best throw of 54’3”. He has been struggling to get over the 50’ mark all season and all four of his attempts exceeded 53’ on Saturday. Congrats, Ilan!
Video ListCheck out this message from Congressman Kevin McCarthy recognizing the Taft Oil Technology Academy. If your 9th graderis interested in joining OTA, now is the time! The OTA application is due this Friday, February 19th. Application is available from Ted Pendergrass, OTA Coordinator or in the Principal's Forum. https://youtu.be/Yk7KzjUzuBoAuthor:Length: Video ListAuthor:Length:
COVID-19 (Corona Virus) Information
The health and safety of the students and staff of the Taft Union High School District is a priority. As recommended by local officials, we are closing all district schools effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, until further notice.
Click below to view the letter to Parents/Guardians Letter sent to TUHSD students 4/3/20.
COVID-19 Kern County Superintendent of Schools Resource Page Click here
Food Services Information During Closures
- For any additional questions please feel free to email email@example.com.
- Para cualquier pregunta adicional, no dude en enviarnos un correo electrónico firstname.lastname@example.org.