TUHSD Mission Statement
Taft Union High School District’s vision is “Excellence by Design”
Taft Union High School District’s mission is to provide engaging rigorous curriculum with global applications.
The Taft Union High School District has three overarching goals:
- To provide rigorous and relevant instruction that prepares students to be career, college and future ready.
- To assist students and staff in developing personal awareness skills so they may contribute to a positive and collaborative learning/work environment.
- To increase parent and community participation that supports the preparation of students to be career, college and future ready.
The following are the principles that will guide the work of Taft Union High School District:
Continually acquiring new information and modifying existing knowledge and skills
Working collaboratively toward common goals
Operating in a manner that is visible, predictable and understandable
Demonstrating fairness, honesty and consistency
The will to do the right things and to do things right
The District English Learner Advisory Meeting will be held Sept. 22nd with representatives from BC and CSUB presenting on AB 540 (exemption opportunities for nonresidents to avoid paying nonresident supplemental tuition). Translation services from Spanish to English will be available.
COVID-19 (Corona Virus) Information
The health and safety of the students and staff of the Taft Union High School District is a priority. As recommended by local officials, we are closing all district schools effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, until further notice.
Click below to view the letter to Parents/Guardians Letter sent to TUHSD students 4/3/20.
COVID-19 Kern County Superintendent of Schools Resource Page Click here
Food Services Information During Closures
- For any additional questions please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Para cualquier pregunta adicional, no dude en enviarnos un correo electrónico email@example.com.