TUHSD English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC)
The law requires any district with 51 or more English learners to have a functioning DELAC (or subcommittee of a district committee) in which at least 51% of the members are parents (not employed by the TUHSD) of English learners. The purpose of the DELAC is to advise the district on:
- Development of a district master plan for education programs and services for English learners. The district master plan will take into consideration the school site master plans.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and/or teacher aide requirements.
- Review and comment on the school district reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
- If the DELAC acts as the English learner parent advisory committee under California Education Code Sections 52063(b)(1) and 52062(a)(2), the DELAC shall also review and comment on the development or annual update of the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP).*
2022-2023 DELAC OfficersPresident: Guillermina HuizarVice-President: Vanessa LopezSecretary: Nereida AltamiranoRepresentative: Vidal Lopez
DELAC Meeting Minutes - 9/7/2022
DELAC Meeting Agenda- 11/9/2022 - Minutes
DELAC Meeting Agenda - 2/16/2023
DELAC Meeting Minutes - 2/16/2023
DELAC Meeting Minutes - Sept. 2021 (Desplácese a la segunda hoja para español)
DELAC Meeting Minutes - February 17th, 2022
DELAC Meeting Agenda- April 27th, 2022
DELAC Meeting Minutes - April 27th, 2022
Last Modified on March 14, 2023